A. If you have received a custom Screen Connect installer link, please Open a web browser and enter the provided URL and then Press Enter
B. If you have *not* received a custom Screen Connect installer link, please enter the following generic URL and then press Enter on your keyboard:
This will cause your browser to start downloading the Human-ISM Remote Screen Connect installer.
B. Once the download is completed, double-click on the completed download to launch it:
For Internet Explorer: the download will ask if you want to Save it. Click Save:
For Windows 10 / Edge: Edge may inform you that the file is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer. Go ahead and click Run:
For Chrome: You can launch the downloaded installation file by clicking on the sc.msi icon in the lower-left of the browser window:
For Firefox: You can launch the downloaded installer file by clicking on the (1) Downloads icon in the top right, and then double-clicking the (2) sc.msi icon:
For Windows 10: After launching the sc.msi file you may need to click (1) More Info and/or (2) Run Anyway if you get a warning that this application may put your PC at risk, or that the file is not commonly downloaded:
For Windows 7: you may need to click the flashing Yellow & Blue Security Shield icon in your Taskbar to allow the application to run:
C. That's it! There are no installation wizard screens you need to click through. Once the icon of blue and green rectangles appears in the system tray list of icons (in the lower-right corner of your screen), the install is complete:
D. IMPORTANT: Please make sure to set your computer to not go to sleep automatically when plugged into power. You can do this in the Power Options Control Panel menu, which can be reached by:
1. Clicking the Start Menu (Windows logo in the lower-left of your screen)
2. Typing in "Power Options" on your keyboard (in Windows 10 there is no search field, you can just start typing and it will appear)
3. Clicking on the Power Options icon that is displayed in the search results:
4. Note the power plan you have selected (it will have a filled-in radio button and the text will be in bold)
5. Click "Change plan settings":
6. Under "Put the computer to sleep" select "Never" from the drop down list
7. Click Save Changes:
E. Provide us your computer hostname so that we can connect to your computer:
1. Click the arrow in the bottom right of your screen (next to the clock/icons) to expand the list of icons
2. Hover your mouse over the blue and green square icon (Human-ISM Remote Screen Connect), which will bring up a block of text with your hostname on the second line.
3. Note the hostname listed, so that you can inform us of the name so that we can connect to your computer:
F. If we don't already have login credentials for this computer, please call us to provide them to us so that we can login to the machine.